We provide mentorships for students who plan to write a thesis related to Lino. The candidates should be applying for an academic degree or professional qualification in one of the following fields:
- Industrial engineering (Industrieingenieur / Ingénieur industriel)
- Business administration (Betriebswirtschaft / Gestion d'entreprise)
- Analyst/Programmer (Anwendungsentwickler / Analyste-Programmeur)
- Providing professional end-user support for customized business applications developed using the Lino framework
- Using Open Source Software tools for project management and time tracking
- Advantages and challenges of a customized business application
- Developing a customized business application using the Lino framework. Analysis, code, deployment, quality control, documentation, maintenance.
- Authoring documentation about a Lino application using the Sphinx documentation system
- Strategic advantages and challenges of Open Source Software for customized business applications
- Advantages and challenges of the Lino framework compared to similar frameworks
- Founding a sustainable non-profit association that sells professional support for Free Open Source Software
During the internship the author will work locally in several different organizations in Eupen. The customers will ask the author to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- You speak both German and English
- You live near Eupen
- You love working with computer software and its users
- You have your own notebook computer and Internet connection
- You have read about the Lino framework and are motivated to get engaged with the project.
Your internship tasks
- You will speak with end users about their problems and needs.
- You will speak with the employers of the end users and talk about requirements, milestones and priorities.
- You will speak with a developer to explain what they need to change in the application.
- You will test and evaluate new versions of the application and explain the changes to the end users.
- You will communicate with your partners as needed, using channels ranging from live on-site visits over phone calls, emails, instant messaging to remote desktop sessions.
At the end of your internship you will
- have valuable skills for working anywhere in the Free Open Source Software industry
- have a good knowledge of the Lino applications you have been working with
- understand why people use these applications
- be a first choice candidate for a full-time job
- Contact: Luc Saffre
- E-mail contact: ("luc" followed by "@" and then "lino-framework.org")
- Web: http://www.saffre-rumma.net/jobs