We are looking for a full-time Python developer who will help us growing Lino from a one-man project to a reliable and well-documented framework maintained by a distributed team of developers.
- You work independently at home using your own hardware.
- You communicate with the other core developers and synchonize their work. You respond to their questions within 12 hours on workdays.
- You actively ask for help when needed.
- You don't have any direct customer contact.
- You know and understand every part of Lino.
- You monitor the build reports on Travis and fix issues.
- You review pull requests and ensure their quality.
- You make Lino installable using pip.
- You add new test cases to increase coverage.
- You have contributed to other open-source projects. You are able to publish your source code on a public code repository like GitHub
- You are familiar with Python Django and the Debian operating system.
- You have seen the Lino source code and were not completely lost.
- You have seen our projects on Travis and can comment some of the failures.
- You have inspected the Lino online demos and see what they can do and what they can't.
- You have read at least the first sections of the Lino Developer's Guide and can imagine the work of a Lino application developer.
- You have been following Luc's developer blog for some time.
- You have ideas on how to make Lino better and submitted some pull requests.
- You wrote or started to write your own Lino application.
- You are motivated and able to work independently.
- You are able to coordinate your work with others.
- You dare to ask for help when you get stuck.
- You work using your own equipment, at home or at any place with a computer and an internet connection.
- You have at least weekly contact with other team members by email, chat or phone to discuss about what's up.
- You will use our ticketing system to report what you have been doing.
- Contact: Luc Saffre
- E-mail contact: ("luc" followed by "@" and then "lino-framework.org")
- Web: http://www.saffre-rumma.net/jobs