Until now we never needed to sell Lino because it was being used in small organisations where trust works on human level. But more and more medium-sized organisations want to use Lino. Having bigger customers requires additional work for customer care, marketing, promotion and sales. Lino needs somebody who does that job.
- You have experience with information systems and database applications.
- You understand how free software differs from proprietary software.
- You love sharing your knowledge with others.
- You live in Belgium.
- You speak and write (besides English) either German or French. Both together are a bonus.
- You understand why Lino is so cool, you know its features and limits.
- You talk about Lino with our customers and partners in order to become their first and preferred contact for everything that doesn't need direct communication with a developer.
- You help us writing and maintaining our sales offers, partner agreements, privacy statements, our website and other documents.
- You help us managing a growing community of volunteer contributors.
- You write projects and and collaborate with public instanceas in Belgium.
- You are motivated and able to work independently.
- You are able to coordinate your work with others.
- You dare to ask for help when you get stuck.
- You work using your own equipment, at home or at any place with a computer and an internet connection.
- You have at least weekly contact with other team members by email, chat or phone to discuss about what's up.
- You will use our ticketing system to report what you have been doing.
- Contact: Luc Saffre
- E-mail contact: ("luc" followed by "@" and then "lino-framework.org")
- Web: http://www.saffre-rumma.net/jobs