We are looking as soon as possible for a full-time core developer located in Estonia.
You will help us with our daily work of making Lino better. You will review our code changes in order to learn. You will work on concrete problems that we will assign to you according your skills. You will report daily about your successes and challenges. You will dive into Lino independently using your preferred tools and ask questions when needed. After some time you will understand every module of Lino. You will write pull requests to our public GitHub repositories. You will write your own code, test cases and documentation. As a core developer you have no direct customer contact.
- You have contributed to other open-source projects. You are able to publish your source code on a public code repository like GitHub
- You are familiar with Python and Debian operating system.
- You have seen the Lino source code and were not completely lost.
- You have inspected the Lino online demos and see what they can do and what they can’t.
- You have read at least the first sections of the Lino Developer’s Guide and imagine what it means to be a Lino core developer.
- You have been following Luc’s developer blog for some time and started to wonder what it’s all about.
- You have ideas on how to make Lino better and submitted some pull requests.
- You wrote or started to write your own Lino application.
- You are motivated and able to work independently.
- You are able to coordinate your work with others.
- You dare to ask for help when you get stuck.
- You work using your own equipment, at home or at any place with a computer and an internet connection.
- You have at least weekly contact with other team members by email, chat or phone to discuss about what’s up.
- You will use our ticketing system to report what you have been doing.
- Contact: Luc Saffre
- E-mail contact: (“luc” followed by “@” and then “lino-framework.org”)
- Web: http://www.saffre-rumma.net/jobs