Rumma and Ko is a limited private share company (osaühing) under Estonian law. Owners are the Belgian software developer Luc Saffre and his wife Ly Rumma. National registry number 10501849
We do development, maintenance and end-user support of free customized database applications since 2001. Since 2009 we invest most of our energy into Lino, a framework which combines the powers of Django with those of ExtJS.
You want to contact us if
- you need a database application and can’t find any satisfying stock solution
- you don’t expect a finished product and want to help with analysis and testing
- you want a stable and long-term solution
- you want to remain the master of your data even if our collaboration comes to an end
- you want the software created by our common efforts to be shared with others as open source software under a free license.
We are small and will remain so. During the first decade we satisfied our customers with only one full-time developer. But our customers had more projects than a single person can deliver. Since 2015 we employ a freelance assistant in Douz (Tunisia) to help Luc with his job with Lino. Since 2017 we employ a full-time developer in Tallinn (Estonia). See also Our team.
We believe that Lino and our business model have a future that goes beyond the career of a few developers. Our strategy is to follow a gentle and sustainable way, helping Lino to grow into a community project. See also Our philosophy.